Michigan Tobacco Quit-line
- Available 24 hours a day.
- Information and referral to local programs for all callers.
- Ongoing counseling available to those with Medicaid, Medicare, County Health Plans and no insurance.
- Free nicotine patches, gum or lozenges available to qualifying callers who enroll in quit-line services.
- Allegan General Hospital-Freedom From Smoking® provides a supportive group environment and teaches a step-by-step method for changing behavior and quitting smoking for long-term freedom. No two smokers are alike, so the program begins by finding out how ready an individual is to quit smoking. The people, places and things that trigger the smoking will be evaluated and a quitting plan will be developed to fit their specific needs. The eight-session program covers topics such as preparation for quitting, identifying triggers, coping with social situations, weight management and nicotine replacement therapy. The meetings will be held from 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. The cost of the program is $20. Seating is limited and pre-registration is required. Please call AGH’s Community Events Line at (269) 686-4231 to register. Freedom From Smoking® is funded by the AGH Foundation through the Alice C. Webb Wellness Fund.
- “Leave the Pack Behind” This is a Holland Hospital’s tobacco seven-week cessation class. It will explore evidence-based techniques for quitting including the use of nicotine cessation aids. Learn ways to control weight and manage stress in a supportive group setting. The cost of the program is $60. The course is held at the Holland Community Hospital Center for Good Health 602 Michigan Avenue, Holland, MI 49423 Phone: (616) 394-3344
- Additional classes- Tobacco Cessation Resources
- HEALTH CARE PROVIDER GUIDE TO FREE OR REDUCED COST SMOKING CESSATION MEDICATION FOR MICHIGAN RESIDENTS
State and National Printed Resources
Online or printed materials are available at:
State and National Online or Telephone Resources
- Telephone quit tobacco support is available at:
- Michigan Tobacco Quit-line 1-800-784-8669
- American Lung Association 1-800-548-8252
- National Cancer Institute 1-877-448-7848
- Online quit smoking support can be found at:
- Video : Heart Stopper: How Tobacco Smoke can lead to a Heart Attack -- Even Death
- Cessation and Pregnancy
Client Satisfaction Survey Results