What is public health?
What are the essential public services?
What is the difference between public health and private healthcare?
Click here to find out.
- Personal Health
- Family Planning
- Environmental Health
- Public Health - Emergency Preparedness
Our Goal and Beliefs
Our goal is to attain the highest possible standard of personal and environmental health and well-being through disease prevention, health promotion, policy development and assurance of access to quality care.
- We believe that health is a fundamental right of every resident in Allegan County without distinction of race, sex, religion, political belief or social position.
- We believe in the value of consumer participation in planning and implementing health department services.
- We believe in cooperative and collaborative efforts with diverse resources and human service agencies for the betterment of the health care system.
- We believe in community assessment, collaboration and coordination to assure consumer satisfaction.
- Population-based Health Information
- Lyme Disease Facts
- What is Pandemic Flu?
- Controlling the Flu virus on Environmental Surfaces
- Effective Disinfectants Against “Influenza A Viruses"
- Q Fever
- Dr. T's Health Tips
Client Satisfaction Survey Results