The Sheriff and Undersheriff function as the Executive and Operations Officers of the department. They are responsible for ensuring that the agency has sufficient personnel and equipment to perform their functions. In the past several years, the Sheriff and Undersheriff have also spent a great deal of time informing the public about the shortcomings of our current Jail and Sheriff's Office facility. With ever tightening budgets, they have also worked hard to keep the department running as efficiently as possible with the resources available.
The other members of the administrative/clerical support staff include:
- An Administrative Assistant who supports the Sheriff and Undersheriff with a wide range of administrative duties including answering calls, composing correspondence, transcribing background investigations and internal investigations, ordering supplies, making travel arrangements and arranging special events and presentations. This person also serves as backup for payroll, and handles the inmate trust account.
- An Administrative Supervisor who processes invoices for payment, prepares budgetary material for the agency, monitors and reports crime statistics, tracks training expenditures, creates reports and other department literature, serves as liaison with Information Services, creates web content, prepares grant requests, and assists the Command Staff with a wide range of administrative duties
- 5 Records Specialists who process police reports, crash reports, traffic citations, bond payments, warrant requests, handgun permits and registrations, fingerprinting, sex offender registrations, answer telephones, order supplies, process mail and subpoenas, foreclosures, requests for information and general correspondence
- Jail Administrative Assistant who supports the Jail Administrator with a wide range of administrative duties including payroll, cash management, and transcription of inmate incident reports and hearing boards
- A Billing Clerk who handles billing and reimbursement for inmate room and board and medical expenses and works as liaison with collection agency and health insurance companies.
- A Cadet who assists the support staff by answering phones, helping at the front counter, filing, and miscellaneous duties.
Support staff all in pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Day