The Patrol Division is made up of many different units and teams.
- Road Patrol / Traffic Team
- The Deputies that you most frequently have contact with are most likely members of the Road Patrol.
The Traffic Team of 1 sergeant and 3 deputies was developed to respond to the escalating problem of automobile crashes that are related to speed and other driver errors.
- Dive and Rescue Team
- The Dive and Rescue Team consists of highly trained and well equipped members of the Sheriff's Office.
- K-9 Unit
- The K-9 Unit is comprised of four dogs and their K-9 handler Deputies.
- Marine Division
- The Marine Unit consists of one sergeant and 12 part-time deputies.
- Snowmobile Patrol
- The Snowmobile Patrol Unit is made up of Deputies who normally serve in other units, but are called into service when weather conditions allow for trailriding.
- Contracted Patrols
- Contracted Patrols serve as an additional safety measure in townships in several different areas of the County.
- Reserve Division / Mounted Division
- The Reserve Division is a volunteer unit that works hand-in-hand with the patrol division, but does not have direct police powers.
This Division also performs property checks during long-term absence from your home. Please complete a Property Check Request form**.
The Mounted Division is also a volunteer unit that consists of twenty three members.
- Animal Control
- Animal Control consists of one full-time control officer, one part-time officer and several volunteers.