Summer and Winter Deferments
Deferments must be approved and filed with your Local Treasurer.
Summer and Winter Tax Deferments qualified for the following:
- Senior Citizen
- Eligible Serviceman, Veteran, Widow
- Total and Permanently Disabled or Blind
Delay payment of summer and winter taxes on HOMESTEAD until April 30th. (Section 59 of The State of Michigan General Property Tax Act)
Financial Hardship Deferment
A Foreclosing Governmental Unit (Allegan County Treasurer) may withhold from Foreclosure, property on which title is held by a person undergoing a substantial financial hardship.
You must meet the guidelines as outlined below.
Application must be made to the Allegan County Treasurer's Office each year for property in forfeiture, before the Circuit Court Foreclosure Hearing.
- Financial Hardship Deferment Application
- Financial Hardship Guidelines
- U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services (USHH) Poverty Guidelines
- Farmland Exemption
- Homeowner's Principle Residence Exemption
- Michigan Homestead Tax Credit
- Military Deferment
- Poverty Exemption: Applications are obtained from the local Township or City office.
- Special Assessment Deferment