ANYONE ENTERING INTO THE FACILITY IS SUBJECT TO AUDIO & VIDEO RECORDING
NOTE: ANY TIMES IN THIS GUIDE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE JAIL ADMINISTRATION AT ANY TIME.
THE ALLEGAN COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT AND JAIL IS A NON-SMOKING FACILITY
PURPOSE: To allow visits to an inmate confined in the Allegan County Jail and allow that inmate to continue a basic contact with the outside world and to maintain mental stability while confined.
REFERENCE: 791.654 Rules and Regulations, Michigan Department of Corrections.
VISITATION BY HOUSING LOCATION:
|Monday||Dorm #1||Between 7:00 p.m. & 10:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||Dorm #2 & 3||Between 7:00 p.m. & 10:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||Cells #3, 5, 7, 9
Dorm #4 Males and 1-A Males
|Between 7:00 p.m. & 10:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||Cell #1, 2, 4, 6, 8
Detention/Holding/Rec. #2 Males
|Between 7:00 p.m. & 10:00 p.m.|
|Friday||All Female Inmates||Between 7:00 p.m. & 10:00 p.m.|
|Saturday||Dorm #5 & Max #1||Between 7:00 p.m. & 10:00 p.m.|
|Sunday||Dorm #6 & Max #2||Between 7:00 p.m. & 10:00 p.m.|
- SPECIAL VISITS: There will be NO SPECIAL VISITS ALLOWED. All inmates will visit according to the schedule.
- DAYTIME VISITS: There will be no daytime visits. This is due to the various programs offered in this facility.
- NON-CONTACT VISITING: This jail allows non-contact visiting. Visiting is conducted through phones in a visiting booth.
- INMATES ARE ONLY ALLOWED VISITATION 25 MINUTES A WEEK, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE SCHEDULE.
Visitation Policy - Visitors
- Inmates are not allowed to visit with other inmates
- Only two (2) visitors will be allowed to visit an inmate at one time, per visit.
- Small children 3 years old and older count as one visitor.
- Children under the age of 3 years old must be held by a visitor.
- Anyone under the age of 17 must be accompanied by someone 17 or older. All
visitors must maintain order and control of their children in the visiting room and waiting area.
- Visitors must be dressed in a socially accepted manner. Clothing must not be sexually or revealing in any manner. Those dressed in a non-socially accepted manner will be denied to visit.
- Each visitor will be required to leave all personal items (jewelry, purses, wallets, money, valuables, etc.) in their vehicle prior to the visit. Also, not allowed into the visiting room are medicines, cameras, tape recorders, cigarettes, cigars, lighters, matches, food, beverages, candy, gum, magazines, books, newspaper, or cell phones.
- Visitors will be allowed to sign in starting at 6:00 p.m. on the actual day of the visit, and receive their visiting time and visiting booth number. Visitors are not allowed to register in advance, nor over the telephone.
- Each visitor 17 years or older must register on the visitation slip provided and present picture identification. Picture identification will consist of a current driver’s license or State Identification Card, (Which are both available from the Secretary of State’s Office). All information required must be completed. Visitors under the age of 17 must register on a visitation slip; however, picture identification is not required.
- Without a completed visitation slip and current picture identification, which matches the visitor’s appearance, visitation will be denied.
- IF A VISITOR PROVIDES FALSE INFORMATION ON ANY PART OF THE VISITATION RECORD, THE VISITOR WILL BE PERMANENTLY RESTRICED FROM VISITING.
- Visitors are to line up behind the metal detector with picture identification & completed visitation slip.
- Visitors will be called through the metal detector one at a time.
- If the visitor cannot successfully walk through the metal detector, the visitor will be searched with a hand held metal detector.
- The physically handicapped will be accommodated in an appropriate visiting booth.
- Once in the visiting room, visitors are not allowed to leave and return back in the visiting room.
- Intoxicated or obnoxious visitors will be asked to leave. No obscene language or gestures will be tolerated in the visitation room.
- NO ITEMS ARE ALLOWED TO BE BROUGHT INTO THIS FACILITY FOR INMATES. This facility has a complete commissary and everything needed for personal hygiene and items allowed are sold there. Clothing and bedding are provided.
- One set of court clothes for UNSENTENCED INMATES WHO ARE SCHEDULED FOR A JURY TRIAL is allowed to be brought in for an inmate, WITH PRIOR APPROVAL FROM THE JAIL AMINISTRATION.
- Money left for inmates at the Control Room window will be properly receipted and deposited into the inmate’s account. The ALLEGAN COUNTY JAIL DOES NOT ACCEPT PERSONAL CHECKS.
a. A visitor may only deposit money into the inmate’s account that they are visiting.
b. Cash should not be mailed, as the Allegan County Jail will not be responsible for cash sent through the U.S. Mail.
- Any smuggling of, or attempts to smuggle, contraband or weapons into this facility will be cause for denial of the visit, termination of the visit, and permanent restriction of future visiting privileges, and/or filing of criminal charges against the offender(s). The
inmate(s) involved will receive disciplinary action.
- Contraband is anything not authorized by the jail.
- Approved counsel, of the inmate’s own choice or appointed by the court, will be allowed visits at reasonable times.