NOTE: VISITS NEED TO BE SCHEDULED 24 HOURS IN ADVANCE
ANYONE ENTERING INTO THE FACILITY IS SUBJECT TO AUDIO & VIDEO RECORDING
NOTE: ANY TIMES IN THIS GUIDE ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY THE JAIL ADMINISTRATION AT ANY TIME.
THE ALLEGAN COUNTY SHERIFF’S DEPARTMENT AND JAIL IS A NON-SMOKING FACILITY
PURPOSE: To allow visits to an inmate confined in the Allegan County Jail and allow that inmate to continue a basic contact with the outside world and to maintain mental stability while confined.
REFERENCE: 791.654 Rules and Regulations, Michigan Department of Corrections.
Visiting an inmate is now done locally (in the video visitation room, located in the main lobby) or remotely (on an internet device with a camera).
To create a new account, send messages, share photos or schedule video visits, go to www.gettingout.com.
If scheduling a local visit (in the video visitation room, located in the main lobby), the video visitation is open Monday – Friday from 7:50am-4:00pm; excluding major holidays. Visits can be scheduled beginning at 8:00am, with the last one at 4:00pm. If you have questions and need help with scheduling a visit, call 866-516-0115.
Placing money in an inmate’s commissary account, this can be accomplished at the kiosk in the video visitation room, Monday – Friday from 7:50am-4:00pm; outside of these times, the kiosk in the bonding room can be used. If you have questions and need help, call 866-516-0115.
- Each visitor must pre-schedule a visit with their family, friend, or loved one 24 hours in advance.
- Each visitor must be signed up in order to visit.
- There will be only 2 visitors allowed in the visitation area at a time. If one of the visitors is a child, they must be supervised by the visitor the entire visit, or the visit will be terminated.
- No profanity will be allowed in the visitation area, includes both video visitation room and waiting area, due to this being a public place and the presence of children. If profanity occurs, be advised the visit may be terminated.
- No nudity or suggestive exposure will be tolerated. If this occurs, the visit will be terminated and the visitor may be banned from future visits.
- No one who is under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be allowed to visit.